Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving...Giving Thanks

So its time for our annual thanksgiving post. We as a family have a great deal to be thankful for, now i can only speak for me (Chris) but here goes...I am thankful that I have two courageous and patient women in my life, our adventure has been difficult at times, but we have always made the best of it.
   I am thankful for our health, It has been a long road of recovery for me and with the support of family and friends I'm doing pretty good. Rox has a plan for her physical wellness and we will support her every step of the way.
 I am thankful for Brenna, she is a great kid...smart, kind, funny, and she has finally found some comfort here in Penang, she has good friends and is doing well in school.She is the light and the love of our lives and she is the best of us both, Love you Brenna!
I am thankful for my wife Roxanne. She is the bravest woman I know, I don't know what I would do without her. She works hard and often does not have the time or the energy to devote to much, however our time together is valuable and important to us all so we make the most of it when we have it. We have had some really good times this year! Rox, you are the love of my life!
I am thankful for family. i am very lucky to have a mom and dad that raised me right, gave me wings and taught me to fly. They have never held me back, always supported my decisions, even though they may not have agreed with them. They have allowed me to live my life, for that I am eternally grateful.
I am thankful for my friends, they are a diverse group and without them I don't know what i would do. They are all people I am honored to know, I hope that when we return to the states we continue to communicate and "god willing and the creek don't rise" they can come to the states for a big race!For those friends in the states, see you when I get there!
I am thankful that we have the capacity to give back and help when we can, my heart still aches for those friends and family that still today are impacted by hurricane Sandy. I truly hope this Thanksgiving finds you and your family safe and secure.
Finally I am thankful for this opportunity to experience a new culture. To see things and visit places that we have only dreamed of, we are truly blessed.
Well gang I could go on and on...I wont though there are still many things i am thankful for, but this is the main stuff, the big stuff.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment