Monday, August 15, 2011

Wrist is almost healed!

This was a busy weekend for us all, After Thursdays bad news and some pretty stressful weeks, Roxanne decided to take Friday and Monday off! We decided to do the Penang Butterfly and Insect farm on Friday, despite being a difficult process on crutches, it was amazing!! tons of butterflies, neat insects, cool reptiles!! Rox got some great pictures, and will blog the trip separately when she has time. Saturday I was exhausted, and a little sore also. Rox and Brenna did some clothes shopping, Roxanne got some nice stuff, it was much needed. Sunday was to have been our going downtown day, I was still sore and I hate to say it a bit unmotivated.Roxanne suggested that we go to the movies instead, the new Harry Potter was still in the theaters and we both wanted to see it...Brenna did not though, and with some talk about doing things as a family she agreed.It was a fitting end to this film franchise, well done in both of our opinions, and Brenna was not too bad about it...she did guarantee that she would have nightmares, but slept like a log!! Love that Brenna boo!! Our washing machine died, and the repair guy came and checked it, and said he would be back with the part on Monday (today), however he did not show up...hopefully tomorrow, we need to do some wash!! So Monday (today) ended up being a day to rest for me...ok, I slept in, I have not slept until 9AM in a while, so I guess I needed it!! Rox went grocery shopping, and at 4pm I had another DR appointment so that the Doc could check the infection he treated on Thursday, It was much better, but i have to say the medical tape he used to cover the bandages is not the newfangled no pull tape its the old really sticky stuff and it ripped what little hair I did have on my arm off!! holy crap..ouch!!So 2 weeks from now he will take out the last wire and I should be able to start my rehab on the wrist at least. Progress is good!! The maintenance guy did not show up to finish the washing machine repair so wash is piling up...we may need to try a plan B, if he does not show up tomorrow!! Good day in Penang!!

No comments:

Post a Comment