Sunday, April 10, 2011

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!

Today began with an 8 mile run, while Brenna and Rox woke up and had some Breakfast. Upon my (Chris) return, we readied for our morning at the football pitch (soccer). There is a Scottish man who with his wife has begun a soccer program here in Penang. It is basically a covered, netted in, piece of AstroTurf, that he runs Sunday pickup games for the local kids. He also has adult and kids league play during the week. I had hoped to make contact with him so that I could find something to do while I was here, the fact that it would be sports related was a bonus (its also within walking distance of Il Palazzo). We met Martin, and I could not be happier or more pleased to make this mans acquaintance. He was genuine and welcoming, and let me jump right in to supervise a team, its not really coaching, because its pickup. You are cheerleader and psychologist all at the same time. It was a blast, even though the kids on "Team USA" did not win a match, hell, we did not even score a goal. Martin spoke about the fact that he has just begun this Malaysian project and he is hoping it takes off, with the turnout he had today...it seems like a guarantee. So anyway, he could use all the help he can get, and said that there are always soccer guys coming into town looking for sports massage work, and he would be more than happy to pass my name along. He and his wife also have 3 daughters, and he invited Brenna and I over this week, so he could sit to discuss some of the areas the he could use a hand. I am in with both feet and I could not be happier!! Please check out his web site: http://www.soccerexperience.com/penang_home.html. After our two hours or so on the pitch, we were famished, and found ourselves again at Chili's....ok, so here is the problem I have with that, I have been to Chili's may be 10 times in my whole adult life. Since we moved to Penang, I have been there three times!!!! We are getting better at making and buying our own food, but sometimes, especially now when we are still adjusting the convenience of the restaurants at Gurney Plaza is just way TOO convenient. So there is always a little local craft fair in the gurney plaza courtyard outside on the weekend. there are sewn crafts and clothing, local artists and stuff. Brenna is in LOVE with these two little knitted bunnies that this one lady has, every time she has walked passed them we get the puppy dog eyes. With her Birthday coming up though we wanted something to get her that was not a pre birthday gift, these seemed like the perfect choice. So I used the excuse of a forgotten cell phone to wait at the stand while rox and Brenna went along to Chili's, and i bought them...there is more to the story though, the young artist who makes them was so enamored with Brenna that she did not want me to buy them, she said that they will be back next weekend, and when they come back, she is going to have two bunnies for Brenna that she has made special, and at no charge!! How awesome is that!! So I bought the two she had anyway and she agreed that she would still bring the ones for Brenna next week, but they would be special "Just for her, never make one like again." I do love the people here, it is a very special place. Post lunchtime brought another trip to cold storage market, and without a list both rox and I were lost, and we forgot some major provisions, like lunch meat and extra water. So Brenna and I will be dropping by old "CS" this coming week. Home we went to have a dip in the pool and then dinner of BBQ chicken (little burned, not used to the oven yet) baked potatoes and salad, NICE!! Winding down the day now, looking forward to a big day tomorrow when we will get to pick out our car...We are both praying that they do not want us driving off the lot right then and there...Driving = Terror. Well good night you guys!! Have a great Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment