Sunday, July 31, 2011

An easy Sunday.

So I paid big time for our long day at the mall on Saturday...very sore today and a bit exhausted. So today was to have been Brenna's big soccer day, but I begged off and Brenna did not want to go either. I feel so much for Roxanne, she works so much all week and then has to take care of all the errands during the weekend...I am just no help at all with groceries and stuff, so about mid day, she and Brenna headed to the mall to get some stuff done. The drama for the day is that we have no wireless Internet right now,, strange but we can connect via a cord, to our modem, but there is no signal to the computer, wireless....I have no idea how to fix it, but everything in the computer seems to be working fine, the wi-fi card, everything. I am also out of SMS for my phone and need to top up tomorrow....weird having a pay as you go plan. So I got both gaming systems hooked up today. The wii was no problem, although it is a bit squirrely running off of an external hard drive for some of the games, but they all seem to work, sans one, which is the only pokemon game we got...figures! Brenna has made due though, playing "spore" and "wipeout". The PS3 took us a bit longer to get set up as there was no transformer included with the system..I dont mean bumblebee. Here the voltage is 220, the system is rated 120...so I needed a step down transformer, so I thought. I got ahold of my friend Thuan again and he was nice enough to call the place we bought it from (we had trouble yesterday after he left, communicating so i figured the phone call would be a waste of time). He told me that the PS3 has its own internal step down transformer and the cord that we had is fine, so we tried that and "presto" PS3 baby!! Thank you again Thuan!! About this time the doorbell rang and it was Katie, they were back from their holiday in the US, Brenna was very excited!! so Rox and I talked with Dan and Nina for a bit and they offered to help if they could, good people!!Rox made some chicken curry for dinner which was very good, and the rest of the night was relaxing

No comments:

Post a Comment