Saturday, July 2, 2011

Food n fun day.

Saturday woke with us, sleeping in, sorta...I got in a run, Rox did her yoga, and Brenna chilled, drew, and watched some TV. I needed a haircut so after Breakfast I went to see my stylist Thomas, at Janzens, in Gurney. He really cuts my hair very well, so I will continue to go back and see him, although, my hair is not much of a challenge. We also picked up so free weights, at one of the fitness stores in the mall...we do still have and use (occasionally) our gym membership. It is nice to have some free weights at home, just in case we cant get to the gym. The funny thing is walking through the mall and then to the Coffee Bean to get some lunch, with free weights...not the kind of thing i guess you see often, because we got some looks of confusion, some looks of concern, and some smiles followed by polite laughter...Hell I would have been scared and laughed at me too!! Anyway after a light lunch, Rox decided to let me work on her hip for a bit, that did not go well, she really does have some muscle problems in her right leg and she was in pain for most of the 45 min i worked on her, i tried my best to keep it light, but the work needed to be done!! After that we grabbed a cab to the Food and Fun fair at Brenna's school. We were going to drive there, as it is not that far away, but we were thankful that we cabbed it when we saw how far away people had to park, and the traffic today in Penang was horrible. The food and fun fair was, well FUN!!





Rox and i wandered and tried some of the foods (Thai, Korean, Japanese) all of it really good. Brenna was off with her friends running around and playing the games. Rox and i then had to man the USA table..Chili, cornbread and brownies...not sure if Chili is really ours or not...more Mexico...but i guess tex-mex is close enough...not sure what truly is ours...I would have done Cheese steaks...We were busy the whole time and eventually sold out of the brownies and most of the Chili. We got to see most of our friends (both foreign and domestic) and were saddened to hear that quite a few would be leaving this year. I guess we will have to take the point as the experienced ones at some time!! anyway it was a great time, and we all come home full and exhausted!! So another great day here in Penang!!

No comments:

Post a Comment