Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back to school.

Brenna went back to school this morning, grudgingly yes, but since it was a half day, we thought it would be a good day to see how she did. Her fever was way down, almost normal, and she had not had any other symptoms. So we are waiting on the bus, it arrives and just as she is getting on I fix her collar and notice that she has a rash around her neck, faint but there. She got on the bus, but I called Rox right away...during the conversation she asked if I gave Brenna her water bottle, i did not so I figured I would run (literally) it up to her, and at the same time see how she was. That was where my real life game of "Frogger" began (on another blog). I got to see Brenna in the classroom, she seemed fine, relief there!! The day flew by, I got a good run in, and before I knew it it was 12:45 and time to go down and get her from the bus stop. She seemed full of energy when she got off, She and Katie just chirping along together. The "pleases" for a play date started, the condition was that her homework needed to be finished. Today that was an undertaking, Brenna is very smart, at least we think she is, but that can work to a negative, because she seems to have figured out the "minimum line" for school work. This is the line where if you cross it the teacher is not happy with the work, and if you don't but sit right on it the work is done, but could be better, so the teacher is well "accepting", Brenna is good with accepting. In St. Christopher's, it is a new "Minimum Line" which is a bit higher, so we are trying to push Brenna to do the work she is capable of (I know that Grace did that as well). After 2 hours of "educational discussion", the homework was finished. Katie came over at that point, and she and Brenna has some fun before Katie had to go to swim lessons. Roxanne had a work related dinner tonight so Brenna and I decided to do Daddy daughter dinner, I let her pick (anything but McDonald's), she chose "Dome" a little western food cafe, not to my liking but would have things she likes. I think her main reason for liking it was that they serve the kids two milkshake like drinks "The Fuzzy Koala" and the "Chocolate Frog". she loves the "Fuzzy koala" drink!! We had a nice meal and she seemed like she was fine, her appetite was good, her behavior was normal, not lethargic. Things looked good for her feeling better, but the rash, although very faint was still there, very mild fever and no other symptoms that she reports (the doctor had said it was just a virus). We would check again in the morning and see how she was. After all is said and done it was a good day in Penang. Goodnight all, until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment