Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The "Soccer" experiance!

Well today was a great day here in Penang, i actually felt busy!! I got Brenna off to school, via Nina our next door neighbor. She offered to give Brenna a ride in today, since we were both attending the PTA meeting today. Ok ok, i know me at a PTA meeting, yes and the world did not stop, pigs were not flying about, and there was another non-working dad there as well. "Jeff" seems like a pretty good guy! So with the meeting over, I got a ride back home from Nina, and then, did some laundry and ran the dishwasher. I watched some of the Vancouver/Nashville game, and then it was time to meet Brenna for the bus. she had some homework to finish, and then while waiting for Katie to finish hers, she fell asleep...poor Boo boo...anyway. I gave her about 1/2 hour of rest and then had to get her up to get her to her play date with Katie, so I could head down to the "soccer experience". Decided I would run down there as the extra mileage would be good, and it would give me a bit of a warm up. I arrived got stretched and hit the pitch. The way this game was structured was 7 a side, and there were 3 or 4 kids on our team, along with a few adults, while the other team was made up of all adults. It was really fun, though we got our buts kicked. I scored, and thought I did ok for a guy who has not touched a soccer ball in about 20 years (I think I went to one practice with Roxanne's work team a few years back, but that was not anything like a game). I got in some good exercises, spoke to Martin a bit, and then ran home. I was tired and a bit sore. I picked Brenna up from Nina's, she settled in at home with her DS, i watched some news (BBC) and then Rox got home. We made some "Hamburgers" which tasted more like sausage...it said Beef, but the mystery meat in these things might have been a combination...they were not bad though. I got my next Kombucha brew bottled, and we settled in for the night. Skyped Nanny/Mary, and had a nice talk with her, Then off to bed for Brenna. I wanted to get this finished, and although this is a pretty short post it was a very full day. i would give you a better account of the soccer, but It was not anything all that organized. It was like pick up hockey, although the teams were in no way evenly matched, we were out there to have a good time, and i for one did. I was never a very good soccer player even when i played, so the fact that I can kick and pass the ball is enough for me!! Martin did say that he has talked to the guy at the soccer experience that plays "Floor Ball" locally, and I will need to hook up with him as well, that would be some fun!! Anyway, another great day here in Penang!! Goodnight all, see you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment