Wednesday, May 18, 2011

school and soccer...ooops sorry "football!"

So Brenna went back to school today and Roxanne went back to work, it was nice having 4 days off with my wife I actually felt like I saw her and spoke to her...good things indeed!! Brenna has a short day today so not much for me to do in-between, so I did some more hamstring work with my TP roller and my regular roller. then iced it, did some stretching, it is feeling better, but my hamstrings are known to be cagey buggers, feel better, go back out and try to do stuff and "ping/wrench" it just binds back up again...so I will take it easy today if I head down to the soccer experience...Brenna got home from school, with some homework to do, so she ate some lunch and started her reading work. I noticed that in her homework book she was given high praise by her teacher for her last reading assignment and she earned two points for her house (she is in red house). Daddy is so proud of his little girl, especially when she gives something her full effort, she is so smart!! Anyway..at around 1:15 the sky's opened up, and I was hoping it would at least slow down by the time we had to leave, it did, and cooled it off a bit. The walk down to SE was uneventful. today was actually allot of fun, the two teams were pretty evenly matched, and I did not stand out (badly) with my sub par play too badly...I scored again...a garbage goal though, made some good passes, still having trouble where to be on the pitch...getting there though by watching the better players...Its fun, and I will continue to use it as such. While we were there I spoke to a woman who is currently running an after school program for younger kids, its about hand/eye coordination and spacial relationships, and fun...she is not going to be able to continue the program after the summer and asked me If I would like to take it over, so I am going to arrive earlier next Wednesday, and see what she does...I know, I see some of you shaking your heads already, ME and a group of 4-5 year olds...not a pretty picture...well you are kinda right, but I did work for the children's home for almost a year, so I think I can do this!! OH COME-ON!! ye of little faith!! Brenna and I had a nice walk home, she got in an hour nap, which means she wont go to sleep tonight, ans then we had a nice dinner after Roxanne got home. We skyped all the grandmas, Nanny, Grandy and Grandma, which was good! Then Rox and I spent the rest of tonight trying to figure out why we have not gotten an electric bill and if we would suffer the same fate that many who have worked with Peggy before us have suffered (you remember Peggy...) having there electric cut off because the bill went to her and she never paid it... so we will, strike that, I will, be meeting with Peggy tomorrow to get it sorted out. Roxanne did email the owner and he offered an explanation, but it entailed him having paid the bill up until the next billing cycle, which does not seem fair at all...so we will see what Peggy says and we may end up having to go down to the Electric company....I will however be paying the sewer bill, the water bill and the phone bill at the post office tomorrow...very convenient!! I hope...something tells me that I may have some problems...ah well it will all work out!! Well that will end another good day in Penang...until tomorrow...Goodnight all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment