Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Domestic Help...

So today began our entrance into the world of the "oma" or is it "ohma"...not sure, for us it is "Rita". She was on time today and really did a great job, even taking care of some things that we had not discussed when we first spoke. Folding clan laundry, doing dishes...she was a huge help! I am still not all that comfortable with sitting around while someone else does stuff that I can (and have) do. Because of the construction going on next door our porch has been a filthy mess, covered with all this black dust, she spent a good 20-30 min cleaning the porch as well, and it looked awesome...Rox and I actually sat out there together tonight...it was nice. I could get used to this whole "Oma" thing, and next week she will begin to cook for us, she insists on only fresh produce, fresh spices, and nothing that comes out of a can...I really do like this lady, my hope is that she is not too good to be true! So The first part of the day was my morning run, then meeting with Rita, then Brenna came home from school...she actually walked up on her own...I don't like that though, so that is the last time for that, Brenna asked if she could come up on her own from now on...ah no...I am really proud of her though, she has started to just come home and do her homework without even being asked...it is so nice when she does that!! Sometimes she just flat out surprises me...I love my Brenna Boo! So dinner was simple, the BBQ chicken and duck from the market, with rice and steamed pole beans...awesome!! well it should be an early night, but Rox has a call tonight and I have a new episode of the AMC show "The Killing" god bless Itunes!! so it is goodnight gang, I hope you all had a great memorial day, not something that is celebrated here, but we recognized it in our own way. Brenna does have off at the end of the week for her mid term break, and then Monday is a national holiday...I think its called "Kings day" not sure about that...I really wish that some of you could see this place, Penang has more to offer us every day, and although we know this might be the only way to share it with some of you...deep inside it is a dream for the three of us that we will have visitors here, just so we can share with you this beautiful and magical place!! Until tomorrow, Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment