Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A very busy day...special thanks to my Wife!

Today was a very busy day for me, a run this morning, then Roxanne agreed to come home early from work and work from home a half day.Today is Brenna's early day from school, and i have made a commitment to one of the local folks, to take over a little after school sports program that she does for younger kids, at the Soccer Experience. I had to try and get over there by 1:00pm, to just get a feel for what she does and see if it is something I would be interested in. I am not sure how I am going to work out everything!! Brenna is not off the bus till at least 1:00, and I have no one else to meet her...I cant be in two places at once. For today Rox was home, I thought that I would talk to the people at the program and see what we could work out, everyone here is always so helpful!! I arrived and of course the moms who are there are more than willing to help by picking up Brenna, they have kids at St. Christopher's, so it should not be a problem, I just have to firm it up. Now, about the program, it is indeed organized chaos!! I worked for The Children's Home, in Tampa a few years back, in the recreation department, and even that was calm by comparison!! It was crazy...I don't know if I can handle it, but I am going to give it a shot, mostly because I gave my word that I would and secondarily, because I think as difficult as some of the children are, they need something like this. I will be needing a trip to Toys 'r' Us though, as the equipment will be going with Sarah, when she goes. So from 1:00pm till 2:45pm...it was about the kids...Then it was time for my usual 3:00pm adult fun match...Today it was going to have to be fun indeed, as we only had 4 adults, our 5th tweaked a hamstring, so we recruited some of the kids and had some fun...until I tried to kill myself. I need to explain the setup that Martin has here (its really great by the way) it is a small pitch, about the size of a hockey rink, it is covered in AstroTurf that sits on a recycled rubber base. the whole thing is surrounded by netting, even the entrances onto and off of the pitch are net...and it is covered, which is GREAT for Penang, no blistering sun, and no problem when it rains. Anyway, I was going for a ball along the netting, played it back into the pitch, and figured I would just bounce into the netting, no problem...WRONG!! I was actually right at one of the entrances onto or off of the pitch and went right through it, I caught onto the netting luckily, and fell but fell softly and on my ass, so no problem...I guess it looked worse than it was, the whole time, people were asking if I was alright...No problem!! So after 6miles this morning, another mile running down to the experience at 1:00pm, and another 1 mile run back home, plus all the running on the pitch, I think I have had my exercises for this day...I spent the rest of the day, watching the world go by on the porch and an episode of Law and Order SVU, one of my favorite Law and Orders, thank you Itunes! Rox took Brenna to the pool for about an hour and half, then had a work call, we ate dinner and the night is winding down...early to bed tonight for this old dog...oh did i tell you about the dog...yes you told them about the dog...oh yeah in the other blog....ha ha I am so silly (can you tell I am tired). Another great day here in Penang...Until tomorrow...Goodnight all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment