Saturday, June 11, 2011

Update for Friday.

So Friday has actually become kind of a rest day for me, since the rest of the week for me is actually busy, although, Monday has not been filled up yet, It is more of a shopping day, with the morning spent at the wet market. So today began like any other Friday, Brenna off to school, and Roxanne off to work, Brenna has had some testing this week, i think it is much like the placement and abilities teats that kids do in Florida schools. I have heard though that some parents feel quite pressured by this and spend months beforehand preparing their children and sending them to special courses. We did not take it that seriously...Anyway, I got in a run this morning, that was good, got in some time at the pool before the clouds rolled in, the infamous La Nube, came rolling over the mountains and the sky's opened up. I do love the rain here, everything gets so quiet, and in actually cools down a little. Roxanne got home early today, since she had spent most of the week up until midnight or later dealing with business back in the states. This was a good thing, because I was supposed to walk down and pay the cable bill today, and forgot, so she reminded me and off I went. As I have said before, having a central location like the POS Malaysia to pay most of the bills is a blessing. With that done, we waited for Brenna and the bus together. She was one of the only kids on the bus this afternoon. She continues to talk about the turtle pond at school, and how they go down to visit the turtles and feed the turtles...Brenna can be so dramatic about things, i am curious that 1, its actually a pond, 2 that there are turtles or if it is turtle. She says that there are lots and it is a big pond, so I have committed on Tuesday next when i am at school to see the turtles. We went out for our usual Friday dinner to Dragon I, a good Chinese restaurant in Gurney, there is a bigger one in Queensbay, but the food was very good, seemed very fresh and well prepared. I am sure it is more tourist than local, but it was good!! the night was relaxing, and we are looking forward to tomorrow, each for our own reasons. Rox and I because we will be going to the Dragon Boat races, up at Penang Dam, and Brenna because we will be looking at fish tomorrow, she so badly wants a pet, and may be it will be her closer to being more comfortable here. Well that's it for today!! Good night all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment