Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Monday.

Today was cool, because Rox had off from work, public holiday in celebration of the Kings birthday...no not Elvis..King Agong. He is the head of state for Malaysia. After getting Brenna on the bus, we got ourselves off to the wet market... a light shopping trip to there this time, we still have some fruit left
(bought so much last time) and the veggies seem to last longer when they are fresh (who knew??). I really do love the wet market, we explored a bit more today, and there are so many undiscovered corners, with new things to see, and to smell. I also discovered that if you don't get there right at opening you wont get any roast duck, especially when it is a holiday that calls for food celebration. This time I got the phone # for the seller and I can call him around 7:00am, secure my bird and then pick it up when I get down there, Awesome!! We decided on the way back to walk a bit, so we went down Jalan Burma, back towards the house. We passed a Hawker on our way that was packed and smelled awesome, there was a guy right out in front that was making pancakes, and had a line waiting...they really looked good, I had not eaten yet, so I figured, what the hell!! Well we waited almost 1/2 hour (he cooks it to order right in front of you), we were told though, by others in the line that it was well worth the wait! So the batter is very thin, almost like a crepe batter, then he covers that with fresh banana (cut right in front of you), and raisins...he lets that cook a while, and then adds 3-4 eggs over the top of it, and folds in the edges, then he chops it all up, flips it a few times, and adds sesame seeds to it just before it is served. Oh my god, like one of the top 5 best things i have ever eaten...the guy in line with me said the batter is a secret recipe that has been passed down, and he can remember when the father ran the stall. I will be back for this for sure..it may have to be a Hawker we come to again. It was packed, if it is busy with locals you know its good!! We headed home, and rox went to the gym, I was going to go also , but i was a bit sore from Sundays beach run and decided to take a real rest day. Brenna was home by 3:00, got her homework done, and we had some Pasta for dinner, relaxing the rest of the night. Until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment