Wednesday, June 15, 2011

And then there were two...

Well we woke to another fish tragedy...it seems that leaving the cover off the tank helped to clear the water but it also allowed Gup gup to commit fishy hari kari. i guess sometime in the night he leaped out of the tank and was stiff by the time we got up...2nd fish funeral of the week...not good, and gup gup was such a cool name...Rox asked Brenna if she was sure it was gup gup...she said YES! Today was my sports day at the Soccer Experience, my wife again graciously decided to stay and work from home, thereby making it easier for me to get to the sports stuff with the kids, on time...not sure if she will always be able to do that, but it is appreciated when she does. my only pre-kids sports fun at the soccer experience was to go and get this guy some football goalie gloves, I really love playing goal in football, it is a challenge unlike hockey goal tending, you are really never at an advantage, you are always at the will of the player, so it plays to my love of a challenge indeed. Anyway, off to the mall. upon arriving at my favorite sports shop, they also had a nice pair of boots on sale, so I picked them up + another pair of soccer socks. so gloves, boots and socks all for $70 US...not bad!! Back home, packed up, and off to the Experience for my time with the kids...it was pouring...not fun...the walk was not that bad though. I had some fun with the little ones today, we tried some new things, and even the parents seemed to enjoy watching the games we played which is good. The bigger kids though, we were again short by quite a few, but we had fun anyway. I spoke to Martin today, after the friendly and I am going to hand out some fliers, not only about the Wednesday classes, but also about doing a summer camp, just to see what the response will be...most people go home for a period of time in the summer and there are not a great deal of family's left around. I also have to do a flier for my massage stuff. I have 3 clients now, one that is a regular Thursday appointment, one that will be starting next Tuesday, and another that will be a regular once he is done traveling. I am also going to head down to the Experience on Wednesday nights as that is when the "older" guys play, and Martin feels that there is a market there that can be tapped...he has yet to steer me wrong!! So the friendly was fun, this afternoon, I did not do badly between the pipes, I just don't know the position at all, I remember some of what i learned as a kid in camps, but that was like 30 years ago, 25 at least. I just have fun with it and sometimes I make a save or two. So I arrived home...via Martin and his son, who were nice enough to give me a ride. Brenna was finishing up a play date with Katie, and we still had to get to the market for some supplies for tonight's meal (french bread pizza). Good dinner, and relaxing evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment