Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tuesday

So Tuesday is my day to volunteer at Brenna's school, I do "guided reading"...I am sure I have explained this before, but for arguments sake I will again...i meet at school with a group of kids from Brenna's class. always the same group, and Brenna cant be a part of it, you never instruct your own kids. they are presented with a book, usually a short story or a collection of short stories, and they read it and I facilitate a discussion...well the discussion part goes well sometimes and poorly others, today's book was about people who survived challenging situations...I asked to the kids after the book, if they had ever been in a situation that was scary or if they knew of someone...well the creativity was flowing, friend of theirs had run from volcano's, they had been trapped in the rain forest and eaten by ants, one girl told a scary story about a ghost wearing a mans head, and she is usually the quietest one in the group!! So it would be fair to say that the book generated some discussion. I walked back home after the class and stopped by a little street shop that had some fresh mango's, I had gotten some at the wet market, but those would not be ready till Friday...I was having a mango craving, the lady who owned the shop seemed scared...I am not sure if it was that she does not get much traffic in there that is of the ex-pat variety, or what, anyway...off to home to get my mango on. There is another thing about my walk home i need to mention that there is a hawker stall on Jalan Cantonment, between Jalan Burma and Jalan Kelawi, its right next to the organic market I went to one time and across from the post office, it smells so good and advertises itself as vegetarian. I will be going there one of these mornings...I need to see what I should get there, time to sens an SOS out to the Penang food experts, they have never steered me wrong!! So the rest of the day was spent waiting for boo and getting her homework done and then cooking dinner. We are still a 3 fish family, so that is a good thing!! another great day in Penang!! until tomorrow, goodnight all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment