Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tuesday and the duck lady is back!!

So since I did not make it to Pulau Tikas wet market on Monday morning, I went today...the mission was fish, but I did notice that my roast duck lady was back and she had duck to sell, so I stopped off at her first and secured my duck, then went onto the rest of the shopping. So fish...the red snapper was so good the last time that I figured that that was what I was going to get. I tried a different stall this time, as it was surrounded by people, and the mantra has always been "look for the crowds!" So they had a nice fresh looking red snapper, I asked the guy at the stall to fillet it, he said he would but then passed it onto his two cutters, who's English was not that good, so with a little hand gesturing and finally having to walk around and show them, I got two really nice fillets. I also got the fish head and a fish steak from right behind the head...not sure what I am going to do with them...may be some fish head curry!! Anyway, so for fruit is was mango, and banana, I was looking for blueberries, no such luck, but they did have some nice strawberries, got some grapes as well as some more mangosteen. For veggies, some more corn, some sweet potatoes, some lettuce, and more baking potatoes...The veggies is where things fall off, they have some really nice cauliflower, but the rest of the veggies I have no idea about so maybe some research is in order!! So back home from the market and then our domestic help Rita was here, and she really cleaned allot today...it still makes me uncomfortable that there is someones else doing things I am capable of doing, in my home...So I also had another therapeutic massage client tonight, that is now my 4th client...this is really exciting...I am thinking that with a little effort on my part i may be able to build a thriving practice here...that would be good from the perspective of experience, but bad in a sense also, because I could not take them with me when I left. it would be good from the sense that it would help me to learn what it takes to build a practice, but bad, because I may not have such easy access, like I do here (no Martin, no soccer experience). At this point though, I am just going to be happy that I have clients and that I am getting experience!! So we cooked the red snapper that I bought today, not the head, and it was really good, i mean really good...is there anything better than eating fish that was caught the day you eat it!! So it was a really good day in Penang, goodnight all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment