Thursday, June 2, 2011

A day of waiting...

So Brenna had off from school today, The problem was that Rita, our domestic help would be here around 12:30-13:00, so we decided to sleep in a bit, then have some breakfast. I needed to "top up" on my phone...I really wish we could have done a month to month plan now, this topping up is getting annoying, but the service is good, so I guess I cant complain, and $30US a month for 3G and mobile Internet is not bad. We got back in plenty of time to meet Rita, I wanted to make sure that we were here, when she was supposed to be here, I am just not ready to turn over keys and leave here here on her own yet. So 12:30 passes, then 13:00, 13:30, 14:00...you get the picture...no Rita, and no phone call to tell us she was not coming. I think this is a done deal...time to move on and try someone else, part of me though would rather continue to take care of the place on my own...I was looking forward to the cooking part though...may be insted of paying out the money for someone to cook for us, and then hope that they show up...I can just take a cooking class someplace local, and do it myself...Just another skill to add to my already full resume... I could counsel people on their problems, give them a massage to help with stress, then cook them a healthy meal and send them on their way...I see this working out for me...the first Addictions/massage/food therapy center in the US...it could work!? right?? Anyway, so no Rita...well I am not going to dwell on it, too much of this experience, for me anyway has been very positive, so I wont let this one negative experience linger...moving on!! Brenna was a champ today, she waited inside with me the whole day...played with Katie a bit in the evening, but then it was dinner and Rox was home (she is exhausted). So it will be an early night to bed, and I promised Brenna some pool time tomorrow. another great day here in Penang...Until tomorrow, goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment